Swinton Primary Care Network
Walkden and Little Hulton Primary Care Network
The closing date is 27 April 2023
GP practices working together in Swinton, Walkden and Little Hulton are recruiting 10 x CARE COORDINATORS to help our practices support patients with long-term or chronic health conditions.
Working across our GP practices, this is a brand new team we’re putting together so you’ll join at a great time with a full induction and ongoing training and development provided.
If you’ve worked in a public-facing role in the NHS or another health or social care setting before, and you’ve got good IT skills and the gift of the gab, you’ll do wonders as a care coordinator.
Main duties of the job
Care coordinators support patients that need a little extra help in general practice. They’re a relatively new role and it’s a varied one so if you’ve not heard about them before, here’s what they do:
- Care coordinators help patients to prepare for or follow up on clinical conversations they’ve had with healthcare professionals.
- They work closely with GPs and other primary care colleagues to ensure patients receive enough care and support to proactively manage their health. For example, a care coordinator might support a caseload of patients in monitoring their own blood pressure at home.
- They help gather relevant information and data about a patient’s health to keep the GPs and clinical staff updated, prepare personalised care plans and liaise with social prescribing link workers to make sure patients can access non-clinical support in the local community.
- Patients are contacted by a variety of methods, which may include email and other electronic patient access systems, letters, telephone, video or face to face contact.
Swinton Primary Care Network and Walkden and Little Hulton Primary Care Network are formed by the neighbouring GP practices in our areas. As demand for healthcare increases, our GP practices now work together, with other local partners, to provide a range of extra services side by side; ones our local communities tell us they need the most.
Being two neighbouring networks, we work together to make our resources and skills go even further and this is managed by our supportive leadership team headed up by Zain, Andrea, Danielle, Dr Tandon and Dr McCall.
As a care coordinator, you’ll be based in one of our 15 GP practices although you may be asked to work at a neighbouring practice according to service needs. During your day, you’ll work closely with patients, practice and PCN staff.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and support people in a way that inspires trust and confidence.
- Is highly computer literate and comfortable working with common IT programmes such as MS Word and Excel, using email and the internet. You’ll stand out even more if you’re familiar with databases and/or general practice IT systems such as EMIS.
- Has worked or volunteered in a patient/public facing role in the NHS or other healthcare setting, social care or other relevant sectors.
- Can work both as part of team and on their own initiative, meet deadlines and national/local guidelines and targets and remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Is educated to at least GCSE level.
A full induction and ongoing training and development will be provided so you can use our clinical systems and develop in your role.
You’ll meet regularly with your counterparts in the other practices and have access to clinicians for clinical queries.
➕ Full-time, £23,949 per annum
➕ Flexible hours between 08:00 and 18:30
➕ NHS pension and access to NHS discounts
➕ 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
➕ Access to NHS discounts
➕ Opportunity to earn extra money by joining our staff bank.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
How to apply
Send your CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Thursday 27 April.